Cannabis business is booming as most states in the USA are legalizing it. By July 2018 Canada legalized marijuana. Due to stringent laws, it is difficult in some countries to advertise cannabis through the mainstream media. However, dealers of marijuana can come up with strategies of selling the product online to enable them to increase sales volumes. This article provides tips on the strategies that dealers can apply when marketing the weed to the online communities.
- Create a website and ensure that it is optimized for SEO. The first step is to create a website and have content that is well optimized using the right key words for visibility. It is important to have very informative, compelling and creative content. Your audiences are likely to see the content very fast because search engines have ranked it at the top. To ensure that your website is fresh, it is important to have regular blogs that are well optimized.
- Email marketing strategies. You need to have a subscriber list to enable you to conduct successful email marketing for your cannabis business. Write informative messages, inform the audience about the promotions you have, coming up with events, blogs updates, news about the industry and other relevant information. Ensure that you address people by names.
- The power of social media. You need to evaluate the kind of social media that your target audience spends most of their time on. After accomplishing this step, ensure that you optimize both your account and content to ensure that there is the maximum reach. To ensure that your account is optimized, ensure that you have a pleasant, professional headshot, stick to specific brand colours, have a keyword reach description and have contacts that people can reach you on.
- The essence of the powerful content. Content is what you share with you audiences. It is important to create informative and entertaining content. It is advisable to create a variety of content including blogs and videos. Remember that when people find useful content, they will share it with others and in this way you are likely to increase your reach.
- Importance of distribution. It is crucial to share your content across major social media platforms in addition to sharing it through the email lists. This strategy is meant to maximize your reach.
- Create relationships with relevant influencers. It is important to take time and analyze who are the main influencers and connect with them with a view of aiming at telling them to promote your brand. Tell them what you will offer them to market your brand.